Saturday, November 14, 2015

YW in Excellence


A couple of weeks ago, we had our Young Women in Excellence program and I personally think it came out AMAZING!!!

When planning this event, we thought long and hard about what the best topic or basis would be to  plan our party. After bringing a ton of ideas to the table, we all agreed that "Defenders of Truth" would be perfect.

Now I don't know about you, but the first thing that came to my mind when I said Defender was a medieval theme. Like a castle and decrees and things of that nature. So that is exactly the direction we headed. Unfortunately we did not have any awards to give out this time around. We have such a small group of youth and are still trying to get them on track with the Personal Progress program, but even if it is only for a few or even one it should be amazing and awesome for them! I am a strong believer in the fact that a small group needs just as much effort, love and dedication from their leaders as a huge group. Even if it is only for one!

Anywho! Off that soap box...

Here are the invitations that we made up...


In all honesty, they made a bigger "statement" being put on Facebook than being handed out to the Young Women. I don't know that they actually make it into parents hands by paper form?! Who knows, I might be completely wrong. But I posted the image on Facebook for the cute factor in our YW Group. 

Here is the Agenda for the evening that I edited so you could fill in the blanks and use if you wanted to. Although you may need to add in the actual award part...


Our Special Musical Number by the Young Women was "We'll bring the World His Truth" 

We also handed out this to all the Young Women which looked similar to the presentation of Armor (I got the image from Susan Fitch's website, I really love her artwork!) 


Here is the different parts that each YW spoke about as we put on the Armor...

And last but not least, here are some pictures of our decorations... 











I hope this might be of use to you and your ward. Enjoy!! :)

~Krystal


No comments:

Post a Comment